CHAPCO INC., Chester, CT
The position of Quality Inspector develops, implements, and manages quality control systems designed to ensure production of parts and products that continuously align with customer specifications.
- Verify accuracy of new part production requirements against blueprints
- Perform 1st piece inspection prior to running jobs. Work with engineers and production staff to make necessary changes should part not be produced correctly.
- Perform final inspection of parts prior to being shipped to customer.
- Perform in-process inspections throughout the workday.
- Reporting and documentation:
- Provide customers with First Article Inspection Reports or Certification of Conformance, when necessary.
- Report and communicate department statistics to Management Team as well as posting metrics company-wide.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Support production by working with employees on quality related items. Identify areas of necessary training or changes to process or procedures.
- Responsible for calibration and/or repair of measuring equipment.
- Write and properly store work instructions and procedures to QS 9001 standards.
- Process rejected parts following company protocol and procedures. Authorize incoming parts, analyze cause for returns, identify and report on trends.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
SKILLS, QUALITIES, and REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
- Familiar and competent with measuring tools, including but not limited to micrometer, depth micrometer, indicator, caliper and coordinate measuring machine.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to positively communicate in delicate situations where customer might be upset or expecting something outside of the agreed upon deliverable.
10 Denlar Dr., Chester, CT 06412
High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR CHAPCO
We provide a comprehensive range of benefits for you and your loved ones; we call it big company benefits – family company care.